Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Learning Module 4: Blog Reflection


Blog Reflection

            I found this week’s discussion on Web 2.0 tools extremely worthwhile. Learning something new is the best part of learning, so this week’s blogging on Web 2.0 and useful tools was extremely exciting. Perhaps my excitement came from my non -technology background and the yearning to know more about how I can use technology to facilitate learning in my future classrooms. Even though I am counselor I know and see the value of technology and how it can be utilized to help students (as well as stakeholders in a student’s life) achieve their level of success. However, I think I should have elaborated a bit more on my blog about my future project because I received several clarifying questions and comments like, “if students have any concerns or problem can counselors solve it or just for share abilities and expression,” and “if the only purpose is to share I would of chosen a blog.” And my response was “counselors can go to one source to add, edit and change information with a lot more ease than a blog,” making Wikis a more manageable tool for the organizer.

Overall, I learned a great deal of new tools and how they can be use in an e-learning environment in this week’s blogging; more importantly, the work I created will be added to my list of resources and documents I can refer to when I am designing my e-learning classes. By and large my classmates listed and described tools I have never heard of, and with like this exposure I am positive I am sure to create something engaging and thought provoking at the same time. Nothing is more disheartening and unmotivating than working on an assignment that is not interesting and has no value to me as a student. More importantly, I hope we have more of these exploration discussions because it is assignments like these that make learning fun and worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment